Monday, December 11, 2023

Christmas Letter, 2023

 To those whom I love,                                                      December 2023

 

Christmas is upon us once again. It always sneaks up on me because it is the quietest season of the year for my household. Jesus arrived about two thousand years ago to the acclaim of shepherds and angels. My hope is that He returns before His next birthday. I hope it every year. One of these times it will be true.

 

It’s been a challenging year for me and mine.

I retired from the library in February after 17 ½ years. My first order of business was to write a book. It’s called Stories They Don’t Teach in Sunday School: Beginnings. That went into print in July. The second book Stories They Don’t Teach in Sunday School: Wanderings is available in print and Kindle version on Amazon.

I expanded my garden since I was planning to have plenty of time to do extra canning.

John wasn’t able to visit last October as he usually does, so I asked him to come down for a visit in April. We traveled to Kentucky to spend a day with Lori. It was beautiful weather and we had a great time.

In May, my sister Anne passed away in her sleep. Lori and I went up to attend the funeral and visit with Mother and John for a few days. I know I’ll see her again. That thought helps comfort me.

At the end of July, Les and I traveled to Florida for my mother-in-law’s 99th birthday. It was hot and humid, but very enjoyable.

Our two dogs are aging and each of them have certain health issues. At some point, we will run out of dogs. We’ve pretty well agreed that we won’t go looking for new ones when that happens.

 

Both of us wish our family and friends the most wonderful holiday season and a blessed New Year. Best wishes for 2024.

 

Love, Kathi and Les

No comments:

Post a Comment