Thursday, November 2, 2023

Math God's Way

 Once I had a young student who was mildly dyslexic. She struggled with it, thinking she was stupid. Sometimes though she came up with astounding insights, things that I remember to this day.

She was working on her math homework one day and I noticed the subtraction problem she was working on. The problem read 8 - 5 =___. Her answer was 13. 

I tried to help her work through the math using an image of M&Ms. I asked her, "If you had 8 M&Ms and you gave your brother 5 of them..."

She quickly responded, "I would never do that!"

I smiled and went on, "Well, let's say you did. Would you have more M&Ms after you gave them away than you had to start with?"

She gave me the biggest smile and told me, "Yes. God would give me more."

I was astounded. It occurred to me take maybe her checkbook would never be balanced, but she wouldn't ever run out of money.

Think about it. God is a generous Father. All He wants is our love and trust.

Thanks for visiting with me. 

God bless us all.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment