Sunday, February 17, 2013

The End of the World

In the last five months, the world has NOT ended three times.

Jesus did not come back on the Feast of Trumpets last September.  The Mayans hadn't actually predicted the collapse of civilization. And 2012 Asteroid DA-14 did not cause an extinction level event.

I found myself watching each approaching time and holding my breath in a way, wondering how it would play out.  I was pretty sure we were wrong about the Mayan calendar for a very Biblical reason. But I wasn't sure about the other two events.

Jesus said, "...The son of man will come at an hour you do not expect him." Luke 12:40

I wasn't wrong to be looking for Him to come back.  The beginning of that verse says, "You also must be ready..."  I was ready.  I was eager.

But, looking back, I managed to tie myself up in knots thinking about what I still needed to do before the end.  I made myself anxious for nothing. I admit that I'm an expert at doing that. It causes me grief - and all for nothing.

Jesus says we won't be especially aware of the time when He will come. I ought to make that part of my daily understanding and do whatever I know or believe I should do for those around me and to spread God's glory. Then I won't have to wonder if I've done what I was supposed to do when He does show up.

God bless us all,

Kathi Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment