Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Angels

This morning, our church's children performed their Christmas play.  I think I've seen this one before, but one word especially caught my ear - millions.

Here's the account of the angels visiting the shepherds from Luke:


What is your image of the angels who appeared to say, "Glory to God..."?  Twenty or so?  I think that's about what I had in mind.  I think it may have come from the painting I used to see in various Bible story books.  There are exactly five angels in this picture.

Angels Appear to Shepherds

But the Bible says that there was a multitude of angels.  How many in a multitude? 

If I had been any angel in God's presence and Jesus came down from heaven to live in a human body, I would want to be part of the wonder of the moment.  If I were the proud Parent of a new baby Boy, an earth-changing baby Boy, I would use every means at my disposal to make the announcement. 

What if every angel in heaven were present to announce God's Christmas gift to the world? 

And if I were one of the shepherds, that would indeed terrify me.

Just something to think about.

God be with us all, especially as we remember His best gift to us.

Kathi Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment