Friday, September 14, 2012

The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil

I've heard a number of Christians say that when they get to heaven, they are going to have a talk with Adam and Eve about eating from the forbidden tree. I may talk with them about all the weeds I've had to pull out of my garden, but I won't say one word to them about the tree.

If I had been the first woman, God would have known to fill the tree of knowledge of good and evil with bough-loads of fresh, warm, soft-in-the-middle, almost-still-dough, chocolate chip cookies.  I would have followed my nose to the spot, and I wouldn't have needed a snake to talk me into eating them.  I understand food temptations all too well.

Don't worry, many-greats grandma and grandpa.  I don't blame you.  I understand.

May God bless us all.

Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment